Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

MPharm Pharmacy

Vish
Hey! I’m Vish and I have just completed my first year in MPharm Pharmacy. I am based over at the Medway campus in Kent which was a big change in environment as I have lived in London my whole life. However, I settled down quickly, made friends and enjoyed my first year.

I studied Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A-Levels but I didn’t do particularly well and was lost on what to do as I had always wanted to go into a science or healthcare background. I then decided to complete an access course at a different university and apply for the pharmacy course once I finished.

My course was split into 4 modules in the first year: Physiology and Pharmacology, Chemistry and Pharmaceutics for Pharmacy, Professional skills, laws and ethics and finally Cell Biology and Biochemistry. The course has tutor meetings which help guide you and are they if you have any questions. I was never the best at biology so I was quite worried as the course does require a lot of knowledge in biology however, after working hard during the exam seasons (plus a couple of all-nighters) I passed with a good grade!

The Medway School of Pharmacy is quite unique in that it is a collaboration between two universities. This means having access to two universities and is the best of both worlds. You are able to meet a variety of students, join societies across the different campuses as well being able to enjoy different types of night life.

No comments:

Post a Comment