Pages

Saturday 19 September 2015

BA (Hons) Education Studies

Sara-Ann
Hey, my name is Sara-Ann and I have just finished my first year in BA (Hons) Education Studies.

My whole life I have wanted to be a primary school teacher. My inspiration to be a teacher came from one of my own primary school teachers who cared so much for the children and just seemed to be always so happy. Coming to university was the first stepping stone for me to start my process of becoming a teacher.

At the beginning of the year, I was unsure what my course was even going to be about. I was referred the Education Studies programme after being declined for Primary Education with QTS. So I was going in blind. The lecturers are really helpful and help everyone out where they can. Having worked in Education for so long, allowed me to have prior knowledge to some of the areas taught.

I have found the content of the programme very interesting. You learn about the history of education; how and when education became compulsory, which famous people have made an impact in the educational system, as well when equality in education began.

The course is all assignment and assessment based. During the course of the year you study 4 modules; Key thinkers and Moments in Education, which focuses on the history of education and those that are the major thinkers, Active Education, which focuses on personal and academic development, The Learner & Education, which focuses on the educational theory, Education, Children & Society, which focuses on the sociology of education. All four modules are taught throughout the year having half a day for each. Although this at first seemed a challenge to try and focus on different subjects at the same time they slowly began working alongside each other. Although at first the modules seemed daunting I actually found them very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment