Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

BA (Hons) Business Studies

Abbey
Hey! My name is Abbey and I have just completed my second year of BA Hons Business Studies at the University of Greenwich. During my first year of sixth form I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do when I finished so I decided that the best option for me would be to go to university to further my studies. The only problem was I did not know which subject to study or which university to attend. I chose to study Business Studies as this was a topic which really interested me while studying my A levels and also because of the wide range of jobs and opportunities available upon graduation. The University of Greenwich was my first choice as it is local to my house, about a 20 minute drive and also because of its beautiful surroundings.
The context of the course in the first year was very broad and covered a range of topics including business planning and development, business processes and organisational behaviour. Although you have to study five different subjects some of them are interrelated which helps when it comes writing your assignments. The lecturers and tutors are very friendly and are always happy to help when it comes to writing your assignments and studying for exams. The first year prepares you for your second two years and gives you an idea of how to handle your work load and meet deadlines on time. In your second year you study a number of new topics including project management and operations management. The second year is a lot more demanding than the first year, although there are fewer exams there are more assignments. However, some of these assignments include working within a group to create an assignment or a presentation which spreads the work load.

Now going into my third year, I had the option to choose which topics I wanted to study. I decided to choose advanced project management and international business management alongside two other compulsory topics and my dissertation. I am a little apprehensive about going into my third year of university due to the heavy workload; especially the 10,000 word dissertation on a topic of my choice. However, I know that all the hard work and dedication from the last three years will be worth it on graduation day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment