Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

BA (Hons) Film Studies

Stacey
Hey guys! My name is Stacey and I've just completed my second year studying Film Studies! J I really, really enjoy it and literally cannot wait to go back in September! That may seem a bit weird but university is really fun when you enjoy what you’re studying.

Film Studies wasn't actually my first choice, when I first applied I initially wanted to study Media and Communications, which is what I studied in my first year. Unfortunately my heart wasn't in it and it wasn't what I expected. Not because the course was bad, it just wasn't in my interest as much as I thought it would. The career I wanted at the end of university changed as at first I wanted to be a journalist. I didn't do as well as I expected in my first year either and I was really disappointed in myself, I was lucky to pass and decided that I needed to pull my socks up and make some changes for the second year! Fortunately for me I was given the chance to change my course and decided to make the move to Film Studies. Now I'm really grateful for that choice.

Media and Communications wasn't all bad though, two of the classes I really enjoyed and did quite well, but the other two I was just scraping through as it wasn't in my interest. I also met some really great friends on the first day who I’m still in contact with and see them in some of my classes and I’ll also see them in my final year as we’re doing a class together. It’s nice meeting friends at university because they all have similar interests as you. In my second year I also decided to join the universities’ cheerleading team The University of Greenwich Mermaids and I really love it. I've met some great people on there who I’ll be friends with a long time and cheerleading is so much fun, I love the competitions!

Film Studies has been amazing too, it’s more in my interest and I love it! I'm even looking forward to writing my dissertation as it’s going to be on Disney!! This year we looked at foreign cinema, animation, American cinema and we made our own Documentary. It’s been great fun and really hard work but in the end it was rewarding and I worked hard to get the grade I wanted at the end of the year. Next year is going to be even harder but I can’t wait for the challenge. Roll on September!

No comments:

Post a Comment