Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology

Rifat
Hi there, my name is Rifat Ara Chowdhury and I’m a student of Business Information Technology at the University of Greenwich. I would like to share my experience as a student and why I have chosen to come here.

Before getting in to the university, I spent a lot of time researching on which universities have the best teaching standard and facilities on my preferred program of study, as I knew that not all universities have the same level of standard in all programs they offer. I found that University of Greenwich is one of the best universities for studying Business Information Technology. I went to the university web page and found that it has professional and up-to-date information about each module that I am going to study and gives an insight of what I will learn from that particular module. It also explains how I will be able to apply my knowledge in the industry. There’s also an option available for students to choose between a normal degree and sandwich degree (1 year of your degree that you will spend working in the industries). I personally find the sandwich degree very valuable and our teachers always encourage us to do it as this is where the university provides lots of support to the candidates starting from applying till the end of the placement.

There are few things that I found quite exceptionally exciting about my program like once we had to do a ‘Business Game’ where we were given practical problems what companies face in  real life and we had to find solutions to resolve those problems. The game went on for one week and on the last day we had to do a presentation on what we did, why we did it and what lessons we learned.

Another time we had to do a presentation where we were representing our own systems (a simulation) to our clients (Not real!) and had to answer their queries about it. It was really a fun thing to do and we all enjoyed doing it.

Although these were only ‘made-up’ situations I feel that these kind of activities really help students to understand what problems they might face in real life and helps to learn how to get over those challenges.
The other reasons why I like Greenwich is it’s fantastic view, transport links and the huge cultural diversity.  I am based on the main (Maritime Greenwich) campus and I love the campus and its surroundings.  My second year classes will start on 17th September and I can’t wait to be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment